Friday, March 12, 2010

Can there be an alternative to Value based systems

I am not a puritan. So don't get me wrong. I am not a preacher either. So do not look for words of wisdom in my writing.

I am not what you think I am and I am what I am and what I want to be. So a question I want to pose to the learned minds, friends, family and the likes of such people who hold a very high and esteemed positions as a heads of family, heads of places of worship, heads of institutions, law makers, politicians and mostly to those narrow minded politicians who sees an opportunity to molest a woman in a Pub in Karnataka in the name of up keeping the social standards of our society. What do you think should we do about the so called deminishing value systems in our society. Whom will you make responsible.

Twenty year olds from Mumbai and Jumrithaliya co exists in the same society which marvels the reel divas like Deepika Padukone (She was particularly gyrating to Rakhi Sawant like standards in the IPL opening ceremony is a different issue) and these youth who are of the same age group, graduate in commerce, look at Deepika like divas with different eyes. And they are the same gender, youth who will be responsible to drive this country to the next level of growth. One will own the changing mindset of the youth in Inid and the other will defend the values. I dont know. Its clearly a demarkated social standards. In values. In systems. In outlook.

2025 will see India as the leading nations dominating the eligible workforce in the world. Every 6th human being on earth is said to be an Indian. Where are we heading?

I pariticularly enjoyed going through some of the works of Jk and more specifically the one which I reproducing below:-

"Can love be divided into the sacred and the profane, the human and the divine, or is there only love? Is love of the one and not of the many? If I say,`I love you', does that exclude the love of the other? Is love personal or impersonal? Moral or immoral? Family or non-family? If you love mankind can you love the particular? Is love sentiment? Is love emotion? Is love pleasure and desire? All these questions indicate, don't they, that we have ideas about love, ideas about what it should or should not be, a pattern or a code developed by the culture in which we live.
So to go into the question of what love is we must first ideals and ideologies of what it should or should not be. To divide anything into what should be and what is, is the most deceptive way of dealing with life"

I am involved with his work in a sense, it appeals to me more than anyting else appealed to me. I felt compelled to read it again and reproduce it again in my blog after watching a disastorous commercial of a mobile phone service provider in India.

Typical story of a grown up boy ( I refuse to call him man) with a average looking girl ( I dont want to recognise her as woman as well) making out in a restaurant and suddenly the boys sets his eyes on a seductive girl who is alone in the bar( sexy and inviting looks could be the right looks, however worried about those puritans who is celeberating their victory over 33% woman's bill might crucify me) and says to his girl

" You don't love me anymore" She responds after a initial shock " yes".

They they shake hand " Friends" " Friends". There comes the Indianised movie making. The boy moves to the seductive girl and while exiting turns and looks at his ex - and the commercial shows her busy already with another boy.

And this commercial is done in the interest of promoting a mobile telephony services. I am sure the ones who created it clearly targetted those uncertain young minds and advocated to opt for changing tariff plans.

I watched this commercial along with my thirteen year old daughter. It amused her. She was laughing. My wife didnt react. I was to laugh at it too. But could'nt.

Do I consider this. When you are in love and wake up the next day morning and realise you are actually not in love - should you walk out. I suppose thats the standards we are advocating isnt it. Do I need to worry about it. Not really I guess.

Is it changing times? I suppose not? Its probably perversion. We are getting conditioned to the idea of try it if not give it up. Fine by me. You might find something better.

Are'nt we progressing. Freedom of speach. Expression. Whatever it is.

When I tried talk about it some one around me summarised it with one sentence:-

" You are stuck with middle age syndrom. Keep moving"

I am. What about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment